Monday, October 31, 2005

2 am wake up call

Well, the weekend is over. I spent several hours on Saturday and Sunday trying to clean house. It's tough when you have a two year old helping and you can't manage to work more than twenty minutes at a time without feeling faint. Of course, by Sunday night it was trashed again - ah well, I tried.

My teen doesn't have school today. So he managed to clean his basement so that he could have company over to have an all-night lan party. I don't mind too much, I like the fact that they come here, I know what they are up to, what they aren't up to, and that they're safe. But, at 2am this morning they made a bathroom and food run and woke me up. It's tough enough not getting to bed until 9 or 10 pm and then having to get up at 4 am, I didn't really need the 2 am wake up call.

I over heard them talking about the mess in the kitchen (which includes about four weeks worth of dirty dishes brought up from the basement). My son was pointing out a mess his baby brother had made about two minutes before bed time that I had just left. He said - look at this filth - she can't blame me for the mess in here - I don't even live upstairs. No, he doesn't... but that doesn't mean I don't do his dishes, pay for the food they were preparing, clean the pots and pans and the dishes they were using to fix the food they were preparing. Scrub the toilet and stock up the toilet paper in the bathroom they had just used. I'm not saying the house is clean, mind you... I haven't been able to keep up with the household tasks with my health suffering for the past several months. But, this is after he was supposed to clean the kitchen for the 'sweat' equity for his car - and him pointing out the 'filth' to his friends and the sarcasm dripping off 'she can't blame me for this'. I don't blame him for it - but that doesn't make him any less responsible for cleaning up after himself! Nor, that he can't do his chores, nor that he can't help me clean up after the two year old. Here he has a day off - and owes me about $1700 so far paid for his car, but he can't run the dishwasher, do a load of laundry, or pick up some pop cans.

arrrgggh! I want to just run away from it all some days.

No comments: