Friday, November 18, 2005

Lessons Learned this Week


  • I'm too old for three day out of town weekends without recovery time.
  • Tires Plus really, really sucks with customer service.
  • Progressive Insurance has MORE than impressed me with their fantastic customer service. Here, I was so scared to switch to them from a personal insurance agent this whole time and I cannot be more than pleased with their involvement in getting the Rav4 up and running again.
  • Even insurance agents get fed up with service stations that screw up like Tires Plus.
  • Teenagers shouldn't be allowed to drive until their 30 - seriously.
  • Little A can now say 'naw' as well as 'no' - naw is in answer to a question as in "no, I don't want it" or "no, there isn't a kitty over here" and no means "Don't do that - that's bad" and is usually said as "no, no, no mamaaaaa". Does this sound vaguely like "no, no, no -imagine his name drawn out here - also two syllables and with emphases on the last syllable". LOL - sounding just like his mama these days.
  • I don't sleep as well without Unior!
  • I have serious trust issues with my teenager. Used to be I believed most of the things he told me - nowadays - not much is believable.
  • I've spent $3500 in the past two months between down payments, car payments, insurance, new brakes, and deductible coverage for my Rav4 and am driving a rental - how's that for handling my money well? See earlier tip about raising driving age to 30. No flipping wonder I'm trying to figure out how to buy groceries this month.

No comments: