Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sleep deprivation - root of all evil


So - I overslept today - by about 2 1/2 hours. How, do you say? By taking a pain killer last night. Oh, my, it's good stuff. Too bad I was incredibly late for work!

Good news is that I'm feeling MUCH better - of course, that could also be part of a mighty good pain killer? I need a better nickname. My anti-depressants have already taken the title of "happy pills" so I can't use that for my pain killers...

"all is right with the world pills" is too wordy

"feeling good pills" is closer, but not quite there yet.

...hmmm ... wonder if they're making me feel this good that it's probably a sign that I shouldn't be taking them???

Anyway - these pain killers didn't let me get out of bed until after 7am... but then, I got up, got around - ok, I left the house without my purse and had to turn around and go back for it - only after leaving my cell phone as collateral at the gas station where I'd already filled the gas tank, which as anyone who knows me knows that that's when I realized I didn't have my purse with me! But otherwise, I feel like I haven't felt since before I became ill last year. I'm NOT tired today! I got about 10 hours of sleep and I feel like a productive human being.

So, I've decided to like my pill (not take it every day - but as I need it - last night was the first time I've taken one in over 2 months) and sleep if I need to... but in order to do that I must become rich or self-employed so that I can sleep in as long as I want to in the morning....

So here goes - help me weed out the failure ideas on making it rich...

  • Writing novels - doesn't work for most folks, but hey, I could be the next Danielle Steele - ok, maybe not this idea
  • Invent a magical web site that allows people to download music for free - and allows musicians to make money for having their music on the web site and lets us get beyond the issues where grandparents are fined thousands for their grandchildren downloading free music on their pc's
  • Create 'templates' and/or payment methods for the new Google searchable database that I can 'sell' or 'rent' to users
  • Open a Super Target in downtown Des Moines - ok, this might take some money that I don't have - but I bet it would do well anyway
  • Create better internet-based training interactivity systems so that taking an on-line course becomes enjoyable and interesting instead of just 'uck' and doing the work without interaction with people

Help me brainstorm - what else can I do to become a mini-millionaire in next to no time so that I can actually sleep in in the morning?

No comments: