Friday, December 09, 2005

Lessons Learned this week...


  • That it's impossible to keep Little A from eating Cream Cheese right out of the container no matter how hard you try to hide it in the refrigerator.
  • That it's not a good idea to try to wear Little A out even after an hour of chasing him around the house - all it does is wind him up and it'll be midnight before he's ready for bed.
  • That there is a way to get boys and men to improve their aim in the bathroom - http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/u/urinal.htm. They even have some for sale on eBay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6015244831&category=47117 - $3.99 each - which is a real bargain!
  • Being a contractor is awesome - even if I'm not going to get paid for a lot of the days I've missed in the past two weeks - justifiably… at least I don't have an employer breathing down my neck about it. There wasn't a lot of work that I could have done anyway - since we were between projects, and other than a friend scaring them asking if I was ok - they really weren't too worried about my absences. Certainly not as much as I was worried about them.
  • That as sick as I am of getting poked and prodded, sometimes, just sometimes they actually do find something that they can help you with.
  • Stress can cause thyroid issues! Hmmmm… I've been under physical stress with my illness, financial stress with hospital bills and now credit card bills, emotional stress over illness and teenagers and toddlers who think they need to eat everything they see therefore end up calling poison control every time I turn around… hmmmm…. While thyroid issues are unrelated to clots and clotting disorders, stress from clots and clotting disorders can cause thyroid issues!!! Which just might explain the majority of my symptoms since last Spring. Chest pains and heart palpitations, painful extremities, exhaustion, anxiety, irritability, blurry vision, double vision are all in the list of symptoms - the only thing not on the list is the numbness on one side of the body. Things on the list of symptoms that I didn't tell the doctor because I thought they were unrelated - increase in appetite with no increase in weight - which I've been eating constantly lately and a lot of junk food and I haven't gained an ounce. I just figured it was stress. Shakiness or jittery sensation - which I was putting as related to my caffeine consumption since I've been downing a 24 ounce Pepsi every day first thing in the morning - since it's the only way I can get through my day.
  • I seriously need to consider some changes in my life - thank god big A is finishing school this year… I don't think I could survive a second year in Newton. Although I'd miss Dr Frost and little A is going to be heartbroken if he doesn't keep going to see Grap-pa Shor-ty every day.

No comments: