Sunday, December 18, 2005

Next step?

Got a message from my doctor. The latest news is that all my thyroid tests are completely normal - even the same test that was abnormal yesterday. No next step... nothing left to test. I'm fine. Sure...

He said that he was hoping that the antidepressant he gave me would start helping more.

Me, I hate going in to get tests and my only thought this last time was - thank god, they finally figured something out, it's just a matter of time to figure out what treatment to give me and I'll be able to start feeling better finally.

I spent the day in bed yesterday... I woke up after 12 hours sleep - laid in bed for another four hours before finally getting up. Was up for an hour before laying down for a nap - slept for two hours. Got up for a couple of hours - went to bed again and slept another 12 hours. Today - I got up at 10, by two thirty I was semi-functional, but only able to be up on my feet for about ten minutes before the dizziness gets so severe that I have to sit down or puke. I'm fine - sure I am... what am I to do? Is there no hope left that I'll ever be me ever again? At least at work, I get to sit down all day. I just don't know how to survive this anymore though.

1 comment:

britchik96 said...

Hey, have you thought about seeing a doctor who focuses on natural remedies? or chinese medicine? I know it sounds weird, but I know loads of people who've had a positive experience by doing that. hopefully you'll get to the mayo clinic soon.