Sunday, January 13, 2008

What to do?

My beloved roomba has died... "a" picked him up to show me something, and then dropped him. And he snapped the front wheel assembly. I'm thinking a memorial service would be nice. iRobot no longer sells parts for this model (he's an older model, but worked so well)... and I did find parts online, but it's $50 not including tax nor shipping for the new wheel, and I can buy a new one with warranty for $99. So it just doesn't seem fair to spend that much to repair my little pride & joy. I have to admit, I'm almost tempted to eat nothing but mac & cheese (you have NO idea how much I hate that stuff) for a month, if it meant I could have my buddy back. I tried using superglue to fix him up, but the wheel wouldn't quite "snap" into place... by the time I applied enough pressure to try to get it "snapped" in, it fell apart again. I tried to run him without the wheel, but he just gets "lost" on only two wheels.

It's just so sad to hear him chirp his little "help me" song every couple of minutes whenever he tips over to the side missing the wheel. I'm afraid I'm just going to have to put him out of his misery.

No comments: