Sunday, June 22, 2008

Purging, Purging, Purging

I've gotten rid of at least 100 lbs of stuff I don't have to move! AND have at least that much if not more going out the door today! Woohoo!

It's funny, but it's almost like weight off of my shoulders? I keep reading other people stating the same thing on FlyLady testimonials. And I know I've felt it to a lesser degree in the past as I've made my flybaby attempts at trying to eliminate excess JUNK from my house. But now? Wow... I really want to post about another dozen items or so as I've worked through some of the other areas in my house. Just can't wait to get this into manageable size.

"A" woke up yesterday to me packing up some of the bar glasses (IKEA) - then when he realized I was giving them away - he was a little upset. I told him I kept the 'good' ones - the ones I use regularly and that I was only giving away the ones we'd never used. BUT, he wanted them for his non-existent apartment. Issue is (as I told him) that I don't want to move & store them. He can buy his own bar glasses.

What he doesn't know is that today I'm giving away the tv I had given to him. It was in the family room in Newton - and when he had his own apartment, I gave it to hi. Its been sitting in "a"s room for eight months now without ever having been plugged in. If he doesn't actually end up going to jail... he's going to have to come up with a better plan for obtaining independence than his current plan - or he's going to be out on his butt anyway. When the time comes that he actually does have a place to live, he can use the smaller tv that's been sitting in the garage for the last eight months. In the meantime? I'm sick of storing the big one and don't want to deal with it any more.

2 comments:

britchik96 said...

I just realized you're housing some of my stuff....you need to tell me what I should do with the china you're keeping:) I should take that off your shoulders.....

spider said...

OOh - had forgotten about that - as I haven't tackled the garage yet. I think there's a saucer that's missing that I keep putting off listing it for sale. Want to send it to me?