Saturday, August 16, 2008

... and now "A"s out

I got up around 8:00 today and made 50 trips out to the garage, made one last trip to the old apartment to get what we couldn't fit into the SUV yesterday. "A" slept until noon & then played on his computer for two hours until I lost my temper.

I started by barking at "a" and the puppy. When "A" asked me why I was barking at them; I realized I was taking my anger out on the innocents. So, I started chewing him out. I told him I was upset & angry because he wasn't helping "again". Don't get me wrong. He HAS been helping. But, while he put forth tremendous assistance on Tuesday, he took Wednesday and Thursday off. On Friday, I got on his case and he put forth minimal assistance. And I was doing the stuff he had promised to do - take the stuff out to the garage and it was upsetting me that I was working so hard while he was playing games instead of helping.

Well, yes, I was being completely b*tchy. On purspose; I was angry and needed to vent that anger. I also needed him to get off his *ss and do something. He did. He knocked over a pile of boxes and called me a c*nt. So, I kicked him out; again. This time for good.There's no call.

He can give me a good 20 years before asking if he & his family can spend a night visiting. Because I'm done.

He's forgetting the cardinal rule of freeloading - you don't treat your host like sh*t. It doesn't matter if I was yelling at him; it doesn't matter that I was threatening to turn off the cable. When you don't contribute, you need to at least be nice. I'm a little worried about how he's going to make it to Newton on Monday for his court date, but it's not really MY worry.

I'm sure he'll be around at some point this evening apologetic and wanting to come in, I don't really even want to hear it. And if that makes me a b*tch, I'm ok with that.

1 comment:

britchik96 said...

You go girl....about flipping time! Make sure you cancel his cellphone and any car insurance you have. About time this kid stood up for himself... this is the hardest part about being a parent.