Saturday, August 30, 2008

Motion Filed

I filed a motion to hold off on the garnishment of wages, with the hope that it passes. I asked for it to be denied due to undue hardship... if they garnish my wages this week, I'm pretty much going to be evicted. Biggest issue is that they are going to notify me by mail of the results of the motion... and with Monday being a holiday.... it'll probably be Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday before I know. AND then I have to send it to my employer... if I don't get it until Thursday, there's a good chance it'll be too late. All I can do, is wait and see at this point.

I am pursuing doing a 401K loan; but, I have to have a PIN number (and my files are still in boxes, if I could find the box with the right files, I have no idea whether I can find the right paper). So, they're mailing me a new PIN number which I should get next week... then I can ask for the loan. Hopefully if the motion to hold off the garnishment fails, then maybe, just maybe the 401K loan can save the day.

In the meantime, I'm trying to relax and enjoy the holiday weekend. Next week, I'll start putting out feelers for a new position... as I'm feeling a little like extraneous drift wood right now.

1 comment:

britchik96 said...

Blimee - if it doesn't rain, it pours. Hope it works out for you. Good luck on the job hunt. Will be thinking of you.