Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Still have a car; still have stress

Car is still in my possession. The last person I spoke to indicated that the car would NOT get repossessed this week - so 2 out of 3 people at the company have told me that. So, not perfect, but likely that we'll still have the car for a few more weeks (at least).

The department I work in announced approx. 50 layoffs last week (unrelated to financial crisis)... I'm still here, but sweating. The department I used to work for, has been completely laid off this week. Don't know the numbers, but that's at minimum 20 people. And they weren't the only group hit. So - still sweating it out - a LOT.

It wouldn't be so bad, but with all the medical bills, the auto troubles - we've wiped out my emergency fund which doesn't give me much room if I go the same way. It would be much less stressful if I thought I had any buffer.

I don't think I've got enough "bills" covered that I can make a second car payment in October - but I'll sit down tonight and figure out what I need to shuffle to see how much I can afford to pay with my second pay check in October - I figure I can at least pay a partial payment. Third paycheck can pay a car payment again for sure... then we've got the first paycheck in November that again - I think I can at least pay a partial payment. Last paycheck of November, I can make a full payment again... first December - another partial... end of December another full payment... then finally - finally we hit January whereby I should be able to pay both a full payment, and all remaining past-due payments.

So - at least, if I can keep my job, I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel for this cash flow crunch.

1 comment:

britchik96 said...

I look every day for your bank in the news....and I'll be thinking of you. At times like these you're glad you have a GREAT reputation - even if the worst happens, you're usually last! Be thinking of you