Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Still sweating it out

I didn't get the notice yesterday about my motion I filed. I'm trying to prepare myself that it might not come today.

My employer fully intends to garnish over $500 from this Friday's paycheck, and if I don't get the notice tonight? Tomorrow night will be too late to stop the Friday check from getting deposited "short". I might run home tomorrow at lunch "just in case" if it's not there tonight.

So, what will happen if I don't get it in time?

Well, my current account balance is

-$579.44

Plus the auto-repay direct deposit payday advance

-$550

Total amount owed to the bank that will automatically be deducted from my paycheck the minute it gets deposited.

$-1129.44

Total paycheck (with the garnishment?)
$1216.74

For a total net deposit of
$87.33

Rent DUE NOW??? $790. Rent due by the time I get my paycheck??? $835 (late fee)

I can do another (I hate this, but I can do it) direct deposit payday advance of $500, leaving me still short about $200 for the rent.

So, I'm working on a 401K loan, but it hasn't been even requested yet - as I don't have my PIN yet.... so I don't know when I would get it.

So, next step is probably going to have to be to call up Alex's dad and ask him for a bit of cash to "help out" and that I can repay (hopefully in a couple of months). He may say no.... but I'm hoping he won't. I HATE having to ask for help; but it's obvious that if I don't get this motion granted in time - we're going to end up living on the street. UGH

1 comment:

Noel said...

Cash advances are helpful when you have an emergency and need some last minute cash. Usually there is no credit check and it is very easy to obtain the loan. It's important to let individuals chose to deal with their finances as they see fit. These financial institutions provide a great service to many individuals.