Saturday, December 27, 2008

Last Christmas Post (at least on this blog)

From Overwhelmed Working Mom

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags - almost always

2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake - gets packed away & pulled out just as easy, doesn't shed & doesn't need water

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first weekend of December; growing up it was the first day of deer hunting season; so other than making chili, my mom & I would be alone all day to get to do it the way we wanted to

4. When do you take the tree down? A day or two before New Years

5. Do you like eggnog? Totally gross, imho

6. Favorite gift received as a child? hmmm... ? Not sure. Most memorable was (boy, do I feel old) - the Pong video game. It was a big deal and a gift for the whole family. sigh

7. Hardest person to buy for? "A" his wants are expensive; and with my budget? not in the budget; especially since he really deserves coal this year

8. Easiest person to buy for? "a"; thrilled with everything, even hand-knit hat, scarf & mittens

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I bought the shed many, many moons ago, before I could afford the "nice" characters; now, it's complete

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? cards? cards? knew I forgot something

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I think I've blacked those out of my memory - for the most part, my first ex-husband didn't buy me things; my second ex-husband had been well trained by his first wife and did ok

12. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Either day after Christmas or sometimes in August/September ... at this point, I'm just keeping an eye out for bargains that I know someone will like; I don't get serious about it until the first week of December

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I have bought things for one person (or made things for one person) and they ended up going to someone else.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Oreo balls - oh, so easy (I'll post recipe & instructions later) and oh, so divine

16. Lights on the tree? Yes - multi-colored and preferably blinky but not all at the same time

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Prefer to stay home, didn't get an opportunity to until after mom passed away

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star - bright with lots of lights ... though I do love Angel tree toppers; I've got a whole collection of 10" ones - but they are showcased on the bookshelf instead.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning... used to be able to put presents out early (all non-Santa ones anyway) but with "a" sneaking in & opening them; it's just easier to keep them all hidden until the following morning.

No comments: