Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spending too much for a "free" treat

"a" had a special visitor at preschool today - the "pretzel" lady. She taught the kids the history of the pretzel and they got to help roll the dough to make some.

We HAD to go immediately to the mall to use his coupon to get a free pretzel. I had NO choice. But, he was being really sweet about it, so excited that he had a coupon for a free pretzel. And, he had to tell me how yummy they were. I read the coupon - it said, "one free x or one free y" items. So, I thought, why the heck not?

I'm not sure the lady at the counter could read. When "a" handed her the coupon, she came back with buy one, get one free. I'd been trying to talk myself out of buying one when we got there - and I figured, eh, I'll survive I guess. So, I asked her what the "x" and "y" options were (because I couldn't find them on the menu) - she came back with - any pretzel.

And "a", being ever-so-ornery of course, was thirsty... and wanted a "chocolate" pretzel. So, I broke down & bought dips and one drink. $6.50 - not exactly frugal. But, they definitely were yummy.

1 comment:

britchik96 said...

That is soooooo cute! He sounds so grown up:)