Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who has more stress?

After reading a post at Phil's blog about who has more stress the stay-at-home mom or the breadwinner... I thought I'd try to find a "stress test"... to measure the amount of stress as a single mom, do-it-all breadwinner.

Now, admittedly, this is highly un-scientific; and doesn't even address the "everyday" kinds of stresses that the original article was measuring... but it does prove a point.

I don't just THINK I'm under tremendous stress - I KNOW I AM...


Stress Test

Find your stress level by checking the events you have experienced in your life in the last year.


Check any event that applies to you then click on "Calculate My Total Stress Units" to get your score.


Your score was 467


If your score totals 150 or more:
You have a 50-50 chance of developing an illness.

If your score totals 300 or more:
You have a 90 percent chance of developing an illness.

The Life Stress Test, also known as the Holmes and Rahe test, was first created in 1967.

1 comment:

britchik96 said...

Mine was 199....so not as bad as you, but not brilliant either!