Friday, March 06, 2009

Possibly have the beater sold

Got a call out of the blue (could it be Feng Shui at work again?)... I had posted the run-down, beat up vehicle for $300 OBO two months ago... and got a single call, with no other interest....

Someone in West Virginia wants to drive all the way to Iowa to pick up a $300 barely running car. Without a single picture... and knowing that it not only runs rough, and needs engine work, but also needs uphostery & body work as well.

I know it's a Thunderbird, and they have a group of fans... but honestly? I figured if I did manage to sell it to someone who likes them - that they would probably be from nearby... not several states over.

By the time he pays U-Haul for a car trailer and pays his gas here & back, he's putting more money into it than I'm selling it for. But, I am not going to complain. Nope, not at all. I did ask him three times if he was REALLY sure he was certain.

1 comment:

dadshouse said...

I have a neighbor who fixes up old Mustangs. He buys total beaters, then cherries them out with a new engine, new upholstery, new paint job. By the time he's done, he sells it to a collector for a pretty penny. Plus, all that time he spent working on it is heaven to him - he loves cars.

I agree with you, though, that's a long drive for a beat up car.