Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New school year (well at Hogwarts, at least) ... resetting on goals

Figured I'd post it here - kind of helps to make me feel guilty if I don't follow through.

My goals for the next three months (beyond the crafting aspect):

1) Settle into "routines" before and after work to keep the house from falling down around my ears.

2) Lose 10 of the 25 pounds I keep saying I want to lose, but have yet to accomplish even one.

3) 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. I can easily fit in a 10-15 minute walk daily at work... have been cheating with 5 minute walks with the dog, once a day... so here is my pledge to up it.

4) 20 minutes of strength training at least 3 days a week. Yep, I know I need this. I know I enjoy doing this. I just haven't convinced myself to do it.

Challenges (besides just being lazy/not feeling well) - is that there is a limit to where/what I can do and still meet my plans for paying off debt. So, no gym memberships. No extra paying for daycare. Alex might just have to find a way to join me or I'll have to work out how to do this in the house with him. Lastly... work. sigh. By December 2011, we are expected to make so many changes to our system so as to start the process to retire the half-dozen existing systems today. THAT means that all the work we've done over the past 4 years? Well, we have to do about ten times that amount by November 2011... which is just over 12 months. They are planning to hire more people... the problem is that by the time we get them trained we might have almost have had enough time to do the work ourselves. sigh. So, we're anticipating a lot of overtime. I don't do so well with overtime anymore. Getting old, I guess. But what will be will be.

Rewards - a cleaner house means less stress (very important if I'll be working a lot of extra hours); and the rest will definitely be important for helping to continue to improve my health (again, very important in gearing up for long hours - as extra hours can really tear me up).

1 comment:

britchik96 said...

Oh my - that's it, you've totally guilted me into starting to blog again. It's taken me 3 weeks to realize you even wrote this. That makes me a very bad friend!