Monday, November 05, 2012

Frustrating experience trying to use Hulu Plus on the Kindle Fire

Hulu Plus offers a discounted option to watch 'premium' shows online... and it says it works with the Kindle Fire. Awesome. Their free trial only lasts seven days though.

And here's the rub.

After I signed up for the trial, I clicked on the first 'show' to try to watch it from my Kindle.

I got directed to a site to download a fee app for watching Hulu Plus. Great. Off I go.

I download the free app.

I go back to Hulu Plus and try to watch the show.

I get directed to a site to download a free app. ... hmmm.... ok.

I assume that it didn't install correctly. So I try to download it again. I can't. It says I already have it.

Ok. So, maybe I need to start the show from the app itself, right?

Now finding the app.....

It's not on the main home pages.... but I finally find the place where I can find the list of applications on the Kindle. No Hulu Plus.

I had to cancel the subscription to Hulu Plus before I could get support and before they automatically charged my account with the fees.

I have had a lot of issues with downloading apps to the Kindle. So far? Not that impressed unless I use Amazon Prime. Right now, I use it if I don't want to grab my laptop from another room to browse the web or to pull up a PDF knitting pattern that I haven't had a chance to print yet. 

I have started my Netflix free trial - but haven't been able to get it to work on the Kindle Fire just yet. But I have a few weeks to experiment, at least.

No comments: