Sunday, September 08, 2013

Slight setback

I managed to get into a situation where in order to keep from disappointing my son... I was stuck standing in a line that didn't move for over 45 minutes. About ten minutes in, I thought, huh... doesn't look like this is well organized, it might be an issue. But then they showed up with forms and clipboards that we could start filling out... that's good right? Help move the line faster? Hmmm.

About 20 minutes in, I figured out that things weren't going to work out well for me.

About 30 minutes in, a little boy in a stroller in line behind me decided he had enough of this and started crying... and I was SOOO tempted to join in with him.

About 40 minutes in, I realized I was NOT going to be able to walk the next day.

Technically, I was walking the next day... but it was with real effort to keep it to a slight limp.

Thankfully, add epsom salt bath and chiropractic treatment and a few days taking it easy and things have worked the worst of the kinks out.

But, then the bad luck hit my eldest. Between losing his job and getting his hand smashed in a car door in about a six hour time period? Let's just say things aren't going his way either.

Now? It's getting darn close to 3 am and I've been unable to sleep.... tomorrow probably won't be our day either.

1 comment:

Heather Von St. James said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! Heather.vonstjames(at)gmail.com Thanks!!