Monday, October 06, 2014

MTHFR treatment - week 2 and now starting week 3

Week 2:

B complex
ALA
Vitamin D drops
Potassium
1/2 pill of daytime muscle relaxant twice a day
1/4 pill of nighttime muscle relaxant at suppertime

Added 10 mg of sublingual B12 (using up enzymatic therapy and switching to Jarrow)
Added 5mg of Thyroid Armour 
Added Vitamin C

--- 
So far so good (i.e., no negative side effects), but I still really tired ALL the time. If I miss a muscle relaxant I notice it  in increased pain. Still doing epsom salt baths 3 times a week. But I'm more achy than usual... so I either need to up the magnesium OR start chiropractic care soon (still debating).

___

Week 3:

5mg of Thyroid Armour
B complex
ALA
Vitamin D drops
Vitamin C
Potassium
10 mg of sublingual B12 (using up enzymatic therapy and switching to Jarrow)
1/2 pill of daytime muscle relaxant twice a day
1/4 pill of nighttime muscle relaxant at suppertime

Added 5mg of Methylfolate with my morning supplements

Next week: add another 5 mg of Methylfolate and NAC

___

Adding the Methylfolate in the past has been a big BOOST in treatment, and I'm hoping this time around as well. I'm in the middle of packing the apartment and everything is messy and unorganized and -ugh-worthy-crap. My plan is to move a couple of things the weekend of the 18th. Have the movers move most of the things on the 21st. Taking the 20th and 22nd off to move all the things I don't want the movers moving (tv's, lamps, fish tanks, etc).  Big "A" is off work on Sunday and Tuesday and those are the dates that I could use the most help with. I'm hoping this gives us the weekend of the 25th to deep clean the apartment. I can't fix all the broken things that the apartment manager wouldn't fix... and I can't fix the carpet that we stained irrepairably... but I can do what I can to remove the 'yuck' that gets built up when you are ill and unable to function at even 40% of normal capacity.

FWIW - I'm still in recovery mode. I had a bit of struggle this weekend following a late night disturbance next door... but I'm up to working in office 4 days a week and working from home 1 day a week. Which was where I was right before all of this happened. So, that's pretty good. I'm thinking I'll try working a full week in office at some point in the coming weeks and as long as I'm still in recovery go back to working from home only occasionally. If it doesn't go well, I'll simply start working from home more often as needed.

No comments: