Monday, December 29, 2014

Frugal New Years Eve for the chronically ill

99.9% of the time, my son spends New Years Eve with his father.

Which means I get to go to bed early.

And I usually splurge on a good take out meal, watch a pay-for on-demand movie, and crash at around 10pm ... which isn't all that different then the regular nights when I usually eat a 'eh' take out meal, watch a free, on-demand movie, and crash at around 10pm.

But, it's still special ... to me.

My son is 11 and is going to be home for New Years... so the movie will now be PG-13 or R rated (if he lets me - lol, he's got a bigger idea of what is 'inappropriate' than I do for him)...

And the 'treat' has to be something we both enjoy.... which doesn't really fit with my plans to snarf about 8 oz on shrimp that I splurged on and bought to enjoy ....

So, we may end up each getting a treat - right now he's hoping for ice-cream cake (and I'm wondering how small of one I can buy)...

And I'm still hoping to be in bed by 10pm.

ETA: Sadly, I learned a lesson from this frugals New Year... I forgot that I shouldn't have anything with shellfish... managed to initiate a gout attack... I was in enormous pain until the 17th. Sigh... no  more shrimp for me.

No comments: