Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Mars in retrograde? Full moon? What's up???

I've been online dating because to be honest, most of the men who meet me in real life either don't ask me out OR try to pick me up at a bar... not, here's my number, or can I have your number... let's go out... it's... let's go back to my place.

Yeah. I'm not interested in hooking up... so online data was my way to let it be known I want to date.

Still get lots of men interested in hooking up... still not going to happen.

But, it's probably been ten to twelve months since I've been on a decent date.

Three weeks ago I get a general ask out by a co-worker. He says - we should go out for dinner downtown someday. I said 'sounds good' before I thought about it and realized it's not a co-worker suggesting a work function. It's a 25 year old asking me out for dinner. Thankfully he hasn't brought it up again... I'm a BIT TOO OLD for him, you know?

Last week I got a text from a guy I dated last summer whom I stopped seeing when I realized he just wanted hookups and whatever it would take to get there, but not interested in speaking to me unless he was horny. Apparently he was horny again. No, not happening.

Yesterday I speak to my adult son. Apparently he got asked for my phone number from his father-in-law's brother whom we met when everyone got together for Mother's Day (he always drags me along to his family's events since my family is on the other side of the state)... seemed like a nice man, didn't really look at him that way... but a nice man, my own age, decent looking? Yeah... sure I'll give it a shot. Of course, he hasn't actually asked me out yet... but... it's weird.

Drought or Flood
Famine or Feast

... apparently some flip got switched and now I'm date-worthy again when I haven't been for a while. LOL

No comments: