Thursday, June 11, 2015

Slow Progress, but progress none-the-less

I've been doing 5 days on supplements, 2 days off.
Then 3 weeks of that on, and 1 week off.
Then 3 months of that on, and 1 month off.

And while I haven't noticed any sudden improvements, I've also not noticed any declines. I did overdo things a little bit a couple of times, rested thoroughly afterwards for several days which seemed to expediate my recovery.

But, lately, when the alarm goes off... I'm still in my deepest sleep cycle, but instead of taking multiple alarm clocks, turning on the tv at some point to try to 'raise' my alertness level to the point of being able to get out of bed.... I'm now able to get up only after hitting snooze for about 3 times (this is truly an improvement - a serious improvement). I'm still tired when I wake up; but it's more like the tiredness you would feel after getting six hours of sleep when you need eight; instead of the tired you would feel if you tried to run a marathon without training for it.

I've been able to spend far more time in the living area of my house instead of laid up in bed. I'm still sick, by no means am I cured... it's probably just a remission.

However, I also had to stop my supplements a little early this time around. I was having trouble taking something in the pile, not sure what... but every time my hand got near my mouth, I'd start to gag. And since before all of this started, I was forcing myself to take a supplement that was causing gagging reactions (and in the end, a supplement that was making me toxic)... well, let's just say that if my body starts saying no, I listen now.

I'll wait a couple of weeks and strip down to one or two supplements, see how I feel and add more in until I get the response again and then I can weed out the supplement that I probably shouldn't be taking.

No comments: